TSI Quest SE-401 Sound Meter
The Sound Examiner series is engineered to accurately measure noise levels in highly variable environments, including those that require intrinsic safety (See our 402-IS model). These meters compute average sound pressure level (LEQ/LAVG) over the run time, helping you to more accurately assess occupational and environmental noise levels. Instruments are available in Class/Type 1 (the 401 model) and Class/Type 2 models (402’s). The SE-401 and SE-402-R models feature a removable preamp to support remote monitoring. Intrinsically safe models allow for monitoring in hazardous environments. All models are ready to use with no set-up required.
TSI Quest™ Sound Examiner SE-400 Sound Level Meters are an excellent solution for a variety of applications, including:
- Occupational noise evaluation including hazardous locations
- Environmental noise assessments
- General acoustic analysis
- Machinery and equipment noise evaluations
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Choice of Microphones | User can specify microphone type (Class/Type I or Class/Type II) based on application. Select Type II for general duty, Type I for applications requiring higher accuracy.
- Removable Preamp (SE-401 and SE-402-R models) | Preamp can be easily removed to enable interference-free low-level monitoring, especially for remote use.
- Aerodynamic Shape | Minimizes disturbance to sound fields being measured, ensuring accurate readings.
- Onboard Data Logging | Allows user to capture maximum, minimum and peak values at intervals down to 1 second for thorough analysis. Can be used with TSI
- Quest Detection Management Software to manage compliance with hearing conservation programs.
- Conformance to Standards | Meets IEC 61672-1 (2002) and ANSI S1.43-1997 (R2007) standards and is CE certified. Intrinsic Safety approvals on SE-401-IS and SE-402-IS.
- Detection Management Software | Offers a variety of functionality allowing the ability to intuitively interpret measurements and generate reports for export and sharing of results.
- Extra wind screen
- Calibrator microphone adapter
- Hard plastic carrying case
- Quick start guide
- Product manual on USB
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
*Additional kit options include docking station and AC-300 calibrator
- DMS Compatible
- Data Logging
- External AC/DC Output
- Class/Type 1 Accuracy
- Removable Preamp for Remote Capability
- DMS Compatible
- Data Logging
- Class/Type 2 Accuracy
- Intrinsically Safe Approvals
CleanAir no longer offers the Larson Davis 824 Spark Octave Band Analyzer for rent. Consider the SE-402 or 402-IS as alternatives for your sound sampling needs. Contact us for more information!
|Dimensions||28 × 7 × 3 in|
Weight: 12.96 oz. (SE-401); 14.5 oz. (SE-402-IS)
Dimensions: 11.2” x 28” x 1.3”.
Power: Lithium Polymer Battery (2500 mAHr). rechargeable, 18 hour run time.
Range: 30-140dBA (single range).
Outputs: USB 2.0, RS-232.
Operating Temperature: 14°F – 122°F.
Calibrator set at 114dB, 1,000Hz.
Log Rates: 5, 15, 30, 60 seconds – 5, 15, 30, 60 min.
Detection management software.
2MB internal memory.
Windscreen for mic, backlight, usb connectivity.
Type 1 dosimeter