TSI Quest SE-402-IS Sound Meter
The Sound Examiner series is engineered to accurately measure noise levels in highly variable environments, including those that require intrinsic safety, like this, the 402-IS model. If IS is not required, consider our 401 model. These meters compute average sound pressure level (LEQ/LAVG) over the run time, helping you to more accurately assess occupational and environmental noise levels. Instruments are available in Class/Type 1 (the 401 model) and Class/Type 2 models (402’s). The SE-401 and SE-402-R models feature a removable preamp to support remote monitoring. Intrinsically safe models allow for monitoring in hazardous environments. All models are ready to use with no set-up required.
TSI Quest™ Sound Examiner SE-400 Sound Level Meters are an excellent solution for a variety of applications, including:
Occupational noise evaluation including hazardous locations
Environmental noise assessments
General acoustic analysis
Machinery and equipment noise evaluations
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Choice of Microphones. User can specify microphone type (Class/Type I or Class/Type II) based on application. Select Type II for general duty, Type I for applications requiring higher accuracy.
- Removable Preamp (SE-401 and SE-402-R models). Preamp can be easily removed to enable interference-free low-level monitoring, especially for remote use.
- Aerodynamic Shape. Minimizes disturbance to sound fields being measured, ensuring accurate readings.
- Onboard Data Logging | Allows user to capture maximum, minimum and peak values at intervals down to 1 second for thorough analysis. Can be used with TSI
- Quest Detection Management Software to manage compliance with hearing conservation programs.
- Conformance to Standards. Meets IEC 61672-1 (2002) and ANSI S1.43-1997 (R2007) standards and is CE certified. Intrinsic Safety approvals on SE-401-IS and SE-402-IS.
- Detection Management Software. Offers a variety of functionality allowing the ability to intuitively interpret measurements and generate reports for export and sharing of results.
Extra wind screen
Calibrator microphone adapter
Hard plastic carrying case
Quick start guide
Product manual on USB
*Additional kit options include docking station and AC-300 calibrator
External AC/DC Output
Class/Type 1 Accuracy
Removable Preamp for Remote Capability
Class/Type 2 Accuracy
Intrinsically Safe Approvals
Weight: 12.96 oz. (SE-401); 14.5 oz. (SE-402-IS)
Dimensions: 11.2” x 28” x 1.3”.
Power: Lithium Polymer Battery (2500 mAHr). rechargeable, 18 hour run time.
Range: 30-140dBA (single range).
Outputs: USB 2.0, RS-232.
Operating Temperature: 14°F – 122°F.
Calibrator set at 114dB, 1,000Hz.
Log Rates: 5, 15, 30, 60 seconds – 5, 15, 30, 60 min.
Detection management software.
2MB internal memory.
Windscreen for mic, backlight, usb connectivity.
Type 2 dosimeter